In my last post, I mentioned that we felt like God was calling us to "something". :) We're ready now to give a little more detail about that something. Over the past three years, we have been praying about adding to our family. It has been a long, and sometimes very difficult process, but we feel very strongly that God has called us to adopt. We applied to Holt International and we were accepted into their Ethiopia program on April 29. We have been filling out paperwork.....a LOT of paperwork, and we will have our first visit from the Home Study social worker in the next couple of weeks. At this time, we are requesting two siblings, ages 1-3 years, but that will all have to be approved....so we'll see what happens. We are very excited. We can't wait to see how God will move through this process. We will be documenting our journey here and on Facebook, so that even those of you who live far away can be a part of this next chapter in our lives! The support already shown to us has been unbelievable.....it has just confirmed again that HE has been and will continue to prepare us For Such a Time as This.Friday, June 5, 2009
We Are.....ADOPTING!
In my last post, I mentioned that we felt like God was calling us to "something". :) We're ready now to give a little more detail about that something. Over the past three years, we have been praying about adding to our family. It has been a long, and sometimes very difficult process, but we feel very strongly that God has called us to adopt. We applied to Holt International and we were accepted into their Ethiopia program on April 29. We have been filling out paperwork.....a LOT of paperwork, and we will have our first visit from the Home Study social worker in the next couple of weeks. At this time, we are requesting two siblings, ages 1-3 years, but that will all have to be approved....so we'll see what happens. We are very excited. We can't wait to see how God will move through this process. We will be documenting our journey here and on Facebook, so that even those of you who live far away can be a part of this next chapter in our lives! The support already shown to us has been unbelievable.....it has just confirmed again that HE has been and will continue to prepare us For Such a Time as This.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am SO excited for you guys. Matt and I will be praying for your family as your prepare for your new additions. May God keep the two little babes out there that He has for you safe and healthy and prepare them to be a part of your family! Yeah! Love Danielle C.
How exciting! I will be praying for you and checking your blog. Love you!!
Heather N.
Hey...look at you guys! I know I have been a bit quiet on the communication END of things (sorry) I am SOOOO overjoyed that you are stepping out in this journey of AMAZING love, sacrifice, joy, hardship, paperwork and Grace. I believe it is one of the best ways to let God SHOUT His GLory in our lives! When you step in to accept the call to care for the Least of these...you step right into an arena to go toe to toe with the enemy....God empowers and you keep moving and lives are changed for eternity! YOU GUYS are awesome!
My favorite book at the moment is "The connected Child" Dr Karen Purvis. A must read....so powerful on the adoption end of things.
Lets FB inbox...I can not wait to see your journey to continue to unfold! Way to go Cousin!
I am so excited for you! Can you believe that it is finally happening? I look forward to all the updates as you continue this journey!
Wow, how exciting you guys! Our kids actually go to Bertha Holt Elementry school :) The Holt family is well know and respected here as they are from Eugene! I have a friend who works at Holt International and the school partners with them. The kids at school get to learn about the holt family and organization and have opportunities to give. That is so cool you are adopting through them...small world huh? Miss you guys!
Where are you adopting from?
May the Lord bless you!
Post a Comment