Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Painted Desert Soup

While we were in Hilton Head, one of Michael's co-workers SO kindly offered to watch our kids (and four others) so that we and 2 other couples could go out to dinner "kid-free". We (quickly!) accepted, and headed to our most favorite restaurant on the island, Santa Fe. Ok, so the atmosphere is great, the food is FABULOUS, but do you want to know the real reason we go there???Painted Desert Soup!!! Isn't it cool? And the best part is, for as cool as it looks.....it tastes even better! It definitely has a bit of a kick, but oh, my goodness....it is so yummy! If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it, and in the words of my husband....."get the grouper!" That is what I ordered, and he.....well, he did not. The next morning, before my eyes were even open, he announced (quite loudly), "I'm still ticked! I should have ordered the grouper!!" So, in an effort to avoid prolonged anger....if you ever visit Santa Fe, GET THE GROUPER!! :)

3 comments:

Carlee Avery said...

Wow! Whats it made of?

Sara said...

Corn and pepper soup with ancho chile cream. That's the menu description. Definitely need a glass of water to go with it! :)

The Timms Family said...

That looks super cool! I'd definitely try it-- but I think I'd have to forego the grouper! Sorry Michael!